Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The gallbladder of gangrene...

Playlist
Matthew Florianz - Nocturne - Soundtrack for Science Briefings
Alice Cooper - Slicker Than a Weasel (Live)
David Gilmour - Rattle That Lock
Electric Light Orchestra - All Over The World: The Very Best Of ELO
Daniel Smith/Coull String Quartet - Music For Bassoon And String Quartet
Various - Night Fever

Another day of much sleep and hallucination with a visit from Sheila and brother in law Andrew in the evening...


The view from the office today, after another pretty weird night, dreams and hallucinations-wise...


On his rounds today, Mr Patterson-Brown revealed that my gallbladder had been gangrenous when he'd gone in, that keyhole hadn't been an option, although it had been tried and that, once opened up, there was an almighty mess to be cleared up and one of the worst gallbladders he'd ever seen, requiring immediate removal, before infection spread throughout my body...

Which was nice...

Late in the day I was moved to the quieter Ward 107 for the remainder of my stay...

I had, by now, developed frequent, long and extremely painful bouts of the hiccups, due to the effects on my diaphragm of the offending gallbladder and its leakages...

Which too, was nice...

Highlight of the Day : Realising Mr P-B had, in effect saved my life with his skills...

No comments: