Saturday, October 31, 2015

Almost projecting over the catscan...

Playlist
Tangerine Dream - The Virgin Years: 1974-1978
Klaus Schulze - Mirage
Klaus Schulze - ...Live...
Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies
The Animals - The Most Of The Animals
Alice Cooper - Muscle Of Love
Focus - Moving Waves
David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars
Alice Cooper - Killer
The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter (Live)
Faust - The Faust Tapes
Velvett Fogg - Velvett Fogg
The Who - A Quick One
Hawkwind - In Search Of Space
Alice Cooper - School Days
Various - Fill Your Head With Rock
Hawkwind - Hawkwind
Uriah Heep - Demons And Wizards (Expanded Deluxe Edition)
Black Widow - Black Widow III
String Driven Thing - String Driven Thing
Hawkwind - Doremi Fasol Latido
Haystacks Balboa - Haystacks Balboa
Steven Wilson - Transience
Scars - Author! Author!
Miles Davis - Directions

An eventful October away...


The view from the office this morning, these are pills not teeth...


I was now off the morphine and my antibiotics were coming to an end - hallucinations had ceased and I finally decided to shave for the first time since the day we set off for Bordeaux, just two weeks ago...

There might have been a very different outcome if my gangrenous gallbladder had shown its hand just a week earlier than it did...


Mr Paterson-Brown noted the reduced but still ongoing hicups and the results of the X Ray had in fact shown a slight raising of the right of my diaphragm - so he ordered blood tests and a fresh CT scan...

The former went fine but it wasn't noted I no longer had any canulas present for intravenous access to my bloodstream...

Eight attempts later by Dr Alex, Dr Karen and the on duty nurse and I had one again...

Apparently I have the skin of a rhino and deep veins...

Finally down to CT for the scan and all was going well until the dye was injected...

I was being moved in and out of the machine and pics were being taken when suddenly I felt everything in my stomach, coming up my throat at top speed...

Projectile vomit ensued - luckily I was able to warn the staff in time, so that a massive clean up was not required...

Horrible nonetheless...

Back to the ward to a waiting Anne...


Just after she left for a night at Keith and Maureen's, Mr P-B arrived to advise the scan was all clear and I could be discharged tonight or tomorrow, with tomorrow probably being the safer option...

So I chose that...

The hiccups had now receded...

As a bonus, Anne had brought in some more chocolate raisins and these were enjoyed on Halloween - we should have been allowed out to scare the kids with our scars....

Highlight of the Day : Nearly home...

No comments: