Monday, July 01, 2013

Stars turn to dust...

Playlist
Various - Acquisitions 2012/13 on Shuffleplay
Beethoven - Piano Sonatas

The day started well - good weather...



..but it was unseasonally cold...

In the evening, with Anne out at zumba, I started watching the two disc set of David Essex's kitchen sink drama from 1973, "That'll Be the Day" and its rise and fall of a rock star docu-drama follow up from 1974, "Stardust"...


The DVDs, like many I own, has lain on the shelf unwatched, for a number of years... 


I saw both films when they were released - being a bit of a fan at the time...


I re-watched them on video maybe ten years later but hadn't seen them since...

I'd forgotten much of the detail - only tonight did I realise that, in "Stardust", Adam Faith was portraying the same character played by Ringo Starr in the first film...

Ines de Longchamps was very attractive, while Larry Hagman was trying out for his later role as JR Ewing...


...and Mr Essex must have been one of the best looking young men on the planet forty years ago...


All in all, an enjoyable evening of nostalgia...

Highlight of the Day : Back to the 70's...

No comments: