Friday, November 30, 2012

Isolation ended by mystery reconfiguration...

Playlist
Big F Car - Souvenirs of Pop
Paul Desmond - First Place Again
Bob Dylan - The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan
Bryan Ferry - These Foolish Things
Ryan Adams - Rock'n'Roll

A frosty morning...



Another day of much walking...

This new view of the cathedral on the way into town...


After making the reconnaissance trip to Fopp yesterday, today it was time to make the purchases...

Unfortunately, later on I realised two errors on my bill...

It turned out I hadn't actually purchased enough to warrant them having honoured their £5 off when you spend £50 offer - it only looked that way because the young man behind the counter had scanned two of my book purchases twice...

So a second walk to Fopp ensued, carrying back everything I'd bought earlier...

I explained matters, bought a few more things to get up over the £50 mark and it all worked out in the end...

So all family presents other than those for Anne and my mum now purchased and ready for wrapping...

I am early this year...

A very long walk from Fopp to Wester Coates to take the bus and, for the second day running, total walk was over 7 miles...

Back home for another excellent "Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles" followed by a purchase for myself today, a Paul Desmond two in one set of albums from 1957 and 1959 - tasty - including one which had impressed Anne and I a couple of weeks back at The Bakehouse after our portrait gallery visit...

Once Anne returned from Friday Zumba with Lynn, we found the internet was down - so some mucking about trying to reconfigure the system - to no avail...

"Have I Got News For You" accompanied by a superb paella from Annie's fair culinary hand, then back to the PC - don't really know what I did but around 11 the net was once more obtainable...

Funny how isolated you feel when you know you can't just log into the world wide web...

Some tasty Ryan Adams ended what should have been a night spent working on the recordings made this week but spent instead being sidetracked by the net problem...

Not to worry...

It's not even December and Xmas is under control...

November away...


 Highlight of the Day : Xmas shopping / return of the net...

No comments: