Friday, November 02, 2012

The trials of the pie...

Playlist
Various - The Ever Changing Shelf
Iron & Wine - Around the Wheel
Bliss/Britten/Gow/Maconochy/Moeran - An English Renaissance
No Man - Where Ever There is Light
Collapse Under the Empire - Fragments of a Prayer

The moon was up...


..as I set out early...



On Princes St at 8 - a bit too early for a dental appointment...


A browse in HMV and then the bus down to Easter Road....


I always sit in the disabled seat if I can, as I hate people sitting beside me...


I have been known to get off the bus and get the next one if someone gets on with a pram and I have to give the seat up...

I am not weird...

Bright and cold in Easter Road...


And a good walk after the check up...


Another walk at lunchtime - a new route...



...along Dalry Road to replenish CD stocks re the new album - still available, you know...


There are also many, many charity shops in this area and, in Save the Children, I picked up a 2CD set of Iron & Wine rarities ""Around the Wheel" (which I already had on the hard drive having borrowed it a couple of years back from the library)...

And a disc of difficult oboe quartets and quintets by English composers from the first half of the 2oth Century - exactly my cup of tea - an excellent disc...

Meanwhile, The Pie has a problem...

She has to have blood tests done re a thyroid problem and, while these are not usually problematic, this time she's taken to licking around the shaven patch and so we have to try and stop this...

A collar was applied...


...it was not liked...

We tried it the other way...

...it was not liked...


...it was removed...

Such are the trials of the pie...

Highlight of the Day : Oboe finding...

No comments: