Thursday, November 22, 2012

A previously unknown difference...

Playlist
Various - 75 Original American Rock'n'Roll Anthems
OMD - Megamix
Marillion - Sounds That Can't Be Made

This morning, walked down Crispycat Hill to Tesco for exercise and to get some shopping..

Not too much to get but, given I was on foot, I took my trusty small rucksack...

With everything purchased...


...I managed to get it all in the sack except one box of catfood and the bread...

I walked up the road in the rain and, back home, put the sack on the scales - 24lbs - this is only 5lbs more than the weight I have lost over the last few months...

To be able to pick it up and feel what I was carrying around without really being aware of it, was a good affirming occurrence and the challenge goes on...

Post breakfast, we watched the excellent French comedy, "Hors de Prix" (Priceless) - which is very muchly recommended by me and by the Exec Producer... 


I was particularly taken by the jaunty jazzy main theme, "Generique" by one Camille Bazbaz (great name)...

However, the soundtrack seems quite rare, copies on Amazon going for around £100 - so the search is on...

In the afternoon  listening to all 75 tracks on a 3CD set of rock'n'roll classics purchased at Tesco for just three of your English pounds...

Favourite track? "To Know Him is to Love Him" by The Teddy Bears - of which I am also partial to the Bay City Rollers' 1974 cover, a staple at teenage discos at the time I recall...

Also on TV this afternoon, a charming documentary, "Sound It Out", about the record shop of the same name, last remaining one on Tees-side...

Took us back to our days behind the counter at Reptile Records - about which there is precious little on t'internet...

In the evening, for no particular reason, some champagne... 


...before walking down to the Zoo and visiting Cool Jade, where, coincidentally, Anne was this very night one year ago while suffered the onset of my achilles problem...

Very tasty food indeed...


...partially walked off by the trek back up Crispycat Hill...

Another good day...

Highlight of the Day : A previously unknown difference...

No comments: