Friday, March 26, 2010

The prawn who fell to earth...

Playlist
Blue Oyster Cult - Tyranny and Mutation
Ferry Corsten - Right of Way
Various - Jazz Jukebox on Shuffleplay
Paul Chambers - Quintet

Another miserable morning...

Cheered by Meg the Black Cat...



...and accompanied on my way into town by the mighty Blue Oyster Cult's second LP - rockin'...

Bangin' trance sounds of Mr Ferry Corsten soundtracked the bus ride home as Anne set out for some food and drinks with this week's birthday girl Michelle and her sister, Karen...

Back home around seven I conjured up a very tasty spaghetti bolognese from the remains of last night's mince, then settled down to watch the third of the three SF films currently on loan from chum Lynn...



The wonderful, wonderful "District 9", for me, started badly but just got better and better until, at the end, I was a gibbering wreck...

Ah the wonders of lone viewing...

Absolutely recommended if you can get beyond the horrible opening twenty minutes or so (sorry i'm not selling this to you am I?)...

Back at the PC, some correspondence with Mr Sour Grapes in Australia via the comments on these very pages might just lead to a collaboration or two across the globe...

Anyway, now, as I make my way to the kitchen to the mundanity of "doing the dishes" but to a jazzy soundtrack, I await a call to duty as taxi-driver of the parish...

Over and out...

Highlight of the Day : District 9...

No comments: