Thursday, March 04, 2010

Stuck on my eyes...

Playlist
Stanley Turrentine - Dearly Beloved
Grant Green - The Latin Bit
Jimmy Smith - Plays Fats Waller
Herbie Hancock - Takin' Off
Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death

Back to the Blue Note hawl today and I must admit to being disappointed with yet more organ based stuff - just not right for my mood today, nor was the latinised disc from Grant Green...

Not as good as yesterday's Sumner McKane discs...



Herbie Hancock was another story though and I listened to the whole of that album without "flicking on" any of the tracks...

This evening, back to Club India for an impromptu wine tasting with Spike and chums, accompanied by some tasty eatern nibbles...

The Exec Producer was out with Lynn and so I arranged to meet them post their meal for a couple of convivial drinks prior to obtaining a lift home from Lynn's partner, Ross...

Home in time for the end of "Question Time" and "This Week" followed by part of a documentary on Iron Maiden, which led to one of their albums being on the cans when I turned in around 1 am...

A reasonable day...

Highlight of the Day : Some tasty wine and nibbles...

No comments: