Saturday, March 27, 2010

Get the fire brigade, etc...

Playlist
Mozart - Haydn String Quartets
The Tubes - Mondo Birthmark
Various - Blue Breakbeats Vol 1
Various - Blue Breakbeats Vol 2
Various - Blue Breakbeats Vol 3
Various - Blue Breakbeats Vol 4
Various - Blue Juice Vol 1
Various - Blue Juice Vol 2

Up early and working at the PC pre out to Patisserie Florentin on a reasonable day, weather-wise...



...to enjoy a tasty breakfast of coffee and pain au raisin...



Then to the Assembly Rooms for today's record fair - Count Brodski had brought it to my attention and I, in turn, had texted Dr Prog advising Brodders had put forward a 10:15 meet, which meant no gym visit for me this morning...

(a secret "Yaroo" to that!)

In the event though, Brodski was almost an hour late (which is quite early for the Count!) - added to that Dr Prog didn't get my text till around 11:30 and advised he wouldn't make it along...

Not to worry, five new Blue Note Compilations were purchased for the princely sum of £2 each - plus a new compilation of early demos by The Tubes for a fiver - clearly my vow of no CDs in March has bitten the dust...

To Wellingtons for a quick coffee and a natter with Brodders and the lovely Penny, who joined us post some window shopping...



We set the world to rights, as one of the contestants from "Masterchef" sat alongside us (emptied from tonight's semi-final in fact)...

Bidding the dynamic duo adieu, I made my way home on the Airport bus and enjoyed the new discs while Anne watched Hearts take a thumping at Tyncastle as Rangers thrashed them 4-1...

Nephew Craig was commentating on the Hearts website...

Later on, Queen of the South beat Dunfermline 2-0 in Dumfries - so that was, coincidentally, the Exec Producer vs Brodski and me vs Dr Prog, footie team-wise...

Post the QoS result, it was off to Tesco, and I spent over an hour trying to find all the ingredients for my first kitchen session of the month - Juicy Chilli Chicken with Cashew Nuts, a delicious Chinese dish...

Back home and cooking commenced - I must advise my prep wasn't quite up to scratch though and Anne had to save the day by stopping my over-hot wok from burning down the house...



Very tasty - even though it did result in a bomb-site kitchen scenario...



Continued to listen to my new Blue Note compilations while Anne watched the above mentioned "Masterchef", before we both enjoyed "Match of the Day" whilst Tivo'ing "Law & Order"...

Not a particular early night though, as the clocks are going forward...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Meeting up with Count Brodski and cooking chinese with Anne...

No comments: