Monday, March 15, 2010

It's the music that keeps me going...

Playlist
Various - Top 100 Albums

The ides of March...

Having made a very (very) tentative start to a new LP yesterday and listening whenever I can to my top 100 recent LPs (released in the last three years being deemed "recent"), I realise it's the music that keeps me going...

Restricting my listening to just these 100 examples of music has led me to discover some great music I obviously didn't listen to properly when I got the CDs...

Various tracks by the likes of The Killers, Loney Dear, Cloudland Canyon, Holy Fuck, 2Raumwohnung, Fennesz/Sakamoto, Deus, Guilt Machine, Transatlantic, Steven Wilson, Porcupine Tree, Biffy Clyro, Elbow, Dream Theater and Sweet Billy Pilgrim have provided some pleasant surprises over the last couple of days...

Trees are good too of course...





And, tonight, the top 100 on shuffleplay helped me through another five mile run at the gym...

Back home, Anne's tasty curry from Saturday sustained nicely as we watched "Glee" and "Harry Hill's TV Burp"...

To bed with more music on the headphones...

Highlight of the day : Listening...and Anne's curry...

No comments: