Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Discs, pasta, cat...

Playlist
Various - Top 100 Recently Released CDs (see 16/3/10 for list)
Jackie McLean - One Step Beyond
Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers - Roots and Herbs
Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers - The Witch Doctor
Grachan Moncur III - Some Other Stuff
Wayne Shorter - The Soothsayer

Early doors, the Top 100 continued to delight and entertain as, inspired by this way of listening, I entered into the (wasteful of time and probably pointless) exercise of trying to list my top albums of the fifties, sixties, seventies, eighties, nineties and two thousands (despite already having listed my top tens for each year from 1959-2009 here)...

A wander to FOPP at lunchtime, my already broken by one CD vow not to purchase any CDs in March was at the forefront of my mind...

However, on making my way upstairs, I was confronted with a brand new display of £3 Blue Notes...

I counted around 25 which I didn't have...

Perusing the line ups and recording dates, I managed to restrict myself to "just" four discs...



Back home, a tasty pasta tea from Annie...



Post this, other than a short surf and update of my Blue Note CD list, I spent most of the evening in the living room, listening to jazz on the headphones and perusing a couple of jazz-based books..

Nothing on TV, although Anne watched Barcelona thrash Stuttgart, followed by a Tivo'd "Master Chef"...

Meg the Black Cat remained as photogenic as ever...



That's it..

Highlight of the Day : Grachan Moncur III for just £3....

No comments: