Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Not freak at all...

Playlist
Bill Bruford’s Earthworks – All Heaven Broke Loose
Brian Eno – Apollo Atmospheres and Soundtracks
The Beatles – Beatles For Sale
Golden Earring – To the Hilt
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Anthology 1977-2007

I am succeeding in not buying too many CDs this month. So far I have purchased just 5, although I did of course download a goodly number of albums towards the end of April and, once burned to disc with printed covers and boxed up, they will join the collection…

Tonight was the Champions League final and, while I kind of watched the build up (whilst leafing through next week’s Radio Times and circling those things I might like to watch), when the play started I went upstairs to continue work on compiling my thirty year anthology…

I had the brainwave of providing the 130 odd “rare” tracks as a freebie with the anthology but as a one disc MP3 collection…

I saw Milan’s first goal at the half time break and, contrary to the commentators’ opinions of a flukey deflection (I even heard it called a “freak goal” by one pundit), it was clear from the replay that Inzhaghi fully intended to make contact, leaning into the shot and changing the ball’s direction with his chest…

The second Milan goal was a great piece of work, Inzhagi again, beating the offside trap and rounding the goalie whilst giving the ball the deftest of touches to ensure it went under the hapless keeper's body and trundled into the net…

Liverpool pulled one back with 2 minutes remaining and, of the three minutes injury time added on, almost a minute was used by a Milan substitution while the Ref clearly blew the final whistle early without adding the sub time back on…

Stayed up till 12:30 burning six mock up CDs for the proposed anthology, envisioning three 2CD sets spanning the years 1977-1989, 1990-1999 and 1999-2007…

Sounding good…
Today's freak sky...


Highlight of the Day : Anthology work

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Sounding good…"

Don't go easy on the modesty fatty.

Remind me again...... What do you actually do to make money?

I am baffled beyond comprehension.

Junk tv like bloody coronation street, eastenders etc, oh BB is starting soon, you'll not have any "spare" tune left.

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Ha ha - nice comment Anon...

I would advise that I would NEVER watch Big Brother - now that really IS junk TV...

I hate "Eastenders" and would never set out to actually partake of an episode intentionally. The only soap I've ever hated more was "Brookside"..

"Sounding good" is, of course, subjective - indeed today, listening again, it sounds not quite as good - I am continually wracked with self doubt...

I take your "fatty" jibe on my quite substantial double chin as, although this very week, I have lost 3lbs, I readily admit I am still fat - probably five stones overweight if the truth be told, with a BMI which indicates obesity at the very least..

As to where I get my money, that's between me and my conscience...

I would advise however that I can almost sleep at night...