Monday, May 21, 2007

Weather, telly, music....

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Ersatzreal
Happy Apple - Youth Oriented
Various - The Wire Tapper 16
Lemon Juice Quartet - Republic
Various - New music from Pitchfork
Various - Crazy jazz from Destination Out

What a lovely day it was today here in Edinburgh...



Uptown, I listened to the second half of the CBQ mock up - I am liking it again...

I also tuned into Happy Apple - brilliant stuff - which put me in mind of the Lemon Juice Quartet - it seems the LJQ are now no more but their members are still making important new jazz...

Back home, Anne had some tales of cats and kittens as she tended her lovely garden after spending some time at Lothian Cat Rescue this morning...



The latest edition of The Wire popped through the door and references to PiL's "Metal Box" made me want to listen to that, while an article by writer Michael Faber regarding his discovery of the music of Hungarian prog band After Crying in 1991 made me want to listen to a couple of their CDs which I picked up when we visited Budapest in 2002...

Then a reference in a review of the Orb's Thomas Fehlmann's latest CD, "Hoenigpumpe" to Josef Beuy's 1977 installation "Hoenigpumpe am Arbeitsplatzt" at Dokumenta VI in Kassel brought to mind our upcoming visit to Kassel for Dokumenta XII this summer, and made me think of sampling his CD "Good Fridge" which I have...

Alas, two episodes of "Coronation St", "Law & Order : Trial By Jury" and "Ruddy Hell! It's Harry & Paul" left me with just enought time to listen to a couple of tracks from "The Wire Tapper 16", as I prepared coffee, and the Lemon Juice Quartet's sublime "Republic" album - which I bought from the band when we stumbled across them in a little club in Krakow in 2003...

What a nice day...

Of course I then accidentally stayed up till 2am downloading and listening to new music from Pitchfork and crazy jazz from Destination Out (see links)...

My 850th post...

Highlight of the Day : Good weather, good telly, great music...

No comments: