Sunday, May 13, 2007

Busy doing nothing really...

Playlist
Bartok - String Quartet No 1
Lee "Scratch" Perry - Trojan Box Set
Various - New Music from Pitchfork
Paul McCartney - Memory Almost Full
Free - The Free Story
The Doors - The Best of
The Monkees - Greatest Hits
Golden Earring - Switch
Genesis - Singles 1972-1981 (CD-R)
Family - Singles As & Bs
Racing Cars - Downtown Tonight
The Rolling Stones - The London Years Vol3 1968-71
Roxy Music - Stranded
Yes - Fragile
Led Zeppelin - I
ELP - Trilogy
Edgar Winter Group - Frankenstein
Black Widow - Come to the Sabbat
Jethro Tull - War Child
The Tubes- Young and Rich
Grand Funk - We're An American Band
Eagles - Their Greatest Hits
David Bowie - Hunky Dory
Alice Cooper - School's Out
Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet
Marillion - Somewhere Else

Started the day with Bartok's 1st String Quartet then did the dishes to the strains of Lee "Scratch" Perry, which Anne opined to be "terrible"..

Then, updated the links on the blog, deleting a few and adding a few others...

Whilst doing so, I listened to the songs from my Pitchfork downloading session on Friday and many of them don't sound so good in the cold light of day - I may well continue to make music after all...

Of course it's now just over three weeks since I last did any work and I'm not particularly enthused at present...

Then...

Shopping...



Later on, whilst looking through MP3 download blogs I came a cross the new Paul McCartney album. After a couple of listens I have to say it's pretty good. The download isn't particularly high quality and so I will probably buy the album after it's released next month (as I did recently with the Rush album)...

You will recall I had a bit of a McCartney frenzy a few months back...

Mid afternoon an episode of "Law and Order" and then I listened to a few CDs...

A lovely steak with onions, mushrooms, mustard mash and asparagus for tea - very tasty and expertly cooked to perfection by Anne...

Two episodes each of "Everybody Hates Chris" and "Joey" then "Coronation St" on tape then more washing up - my hands are lovely and soft....

Listened again today to the new Marillion album and it's just as good as the Rush album but in a different way...

Both bands are amongst my favourites of course...

Last day of the English Premiership today and sad to see Sheffield Utd relegated on goal difference...

Looking forward to the highlights in a few minutes, Jim...

Highlight of the Day : Anne's cooking

No comments: