Sunday, May 20, 2007

OAP...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Proposed Anthology 1977-2007
Telemann - Tafelmusik
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Rarities

I was lying in bed this morning, after retiring last night at 11:30, thinking it must easily be around 9 am as I was so tired last night when I went to bed...

So I got up...

It was 5:45...

I spent two hours transferring recordings I made in 1977 and 1978 to the hard drive but then decided to work on just cutting down the selection made for the 1977-2001 anthology I compiled in, erm, 2001, reducing the number of pieces to make way for recordings made from 2002 to the present...

I burned mock ups of the first three CDs - 77-82, 83-92, 92-02 then I stopped for breakfast around 10, during which we enjoyed some relaxing oboe, bassoon and strings from the pen of Mr Telemann...

I spent some time perusing the Ikea catalogue for nothing in particular then went back upstairs while Anne tended to the garden (I don't tend the garden - I am a bourgoise artiste)...

I can't remember exactly how it came about but, around midday, I started gathering "rare" CBQ tracks from various sources with a view to including a few in the proposed set...

Over the next four hours, I copied 92 tracks to the hard drive - 580 minutes of "music" - including tracks never before released and other alternative versions of old favourites and a few cover versions along the way...

Meanwhile, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock put paid to Hearts' European ambitions for next season, the former by refusing to be beaten or draw with Rangers (they won 2-0), the latter by beating Hearts 1-0 when Hearts had to win or bust...

Oh well - it'll save us a couple of hundred quid re tickets we won't need for Murrayfield next year...

Then to Anne's mum's for tea and I had my birthday cake two weeks late due to our Irish trip (Anne's mum makes the best cream sponge cake in the world) ...

After "Coronation St", while Anne and her mum worked out a particularly hard and annoying crossword puzzle, I found myself leafing through the last two monthly editions of the Saga Magazine...

I read an interesting interview with Bryan Ferry and picked up a few tips which will come in handy in a couple of years' time...

Back home, I listened to some of the "rare" tracks - many of which I've probably only ever heard once or twice before - whlst updating the diary...

And my picture of the day is a treated sunset...



Highlight of the Day : Rediscovering some forgotten music...

No comments: