Wednesday, May 09, 2007

No hair, no stars....

Playlist
Rush - Snakes and Arrows
Krommer - Oboe Quintets & Quartets
Rheostatics - Final Concert (Full Concert Download)
Carl Palmer - Live in Europe (DVD)
Peter Gabriel - Still Growing Up (DVD)
Rheostatics - Best of (1CD-R)

Spent the morning updating the diary for the Ireland trip whilst listening to the entire last concert by Rheostatics - a soundboard sourced recording is now available for download over at the Rheostatics Live website...

In the afternoon, watched a Carl Palmer DVD - not greatly impressive - though his drumming was, the bassist's bassing was and the guitarist's guitaring was - the whole never quite made it for me - bring back ELP...

Shaved my head and face after the pathetic hair build up over the last week...



Then the Gabriel DVD - superb musicianship and showmanship all round - Arctic Monkeys my backside I say...

Though that is of course a whole different kettle of monkeys...

Phoned old chum Jorg to wish him a Happy Birthday - 26 years ago tonight since I was lying on my back on a hillside in Germany and saw a big shooting star...

In the evening to Armadale to pick up Meg the Black Cat - she appears to have enjoyed her holidays but was back at home within minutes of being back at home - if you see what I mean...



Took down my birthday cards, including these two home made ones from nephew Ollie...



...and Niece Kitty...



All over for another year...

Highlight of the Day : The Return of Meg the Black Cat

No comments: