Thursday, May 31, 2007

Happenstance...

Playlist
CBQ Best of 1996-2006
Salieri – Overtures
Vanhal – Violin Concertos
On YouTube : Falco, Nena, Udo Lindenberg, Fehlfarben, OK Go, Fountains of Wayne, DAF, Ideal, Swimming With Sharks, 2raumwohnung

A reasonable day today, started off bright and sunny but with threatening low cloud...

I caught this plane flying over Crispycat Towers...



Decided to stay in tonight rather than going along to Out of the Bedroom....

I’d bought two classical CDs – Salieri and Vanhal, both contemporaries of Mozart, indeed one of the Vanhal Violin concertos was played in concert by Mr Mozart...

On searching for Salieri on YouTube, I found clips from the film Amadeus, which in turn lead me to the great deceased Austrian pop star, Falco...

Being a fan, I spent some time looking through some of his videos – this lead me to other German speaking stars such as Nena, Udo Lindenberg and, probably my favourites, Fehlfarben – who I found have a new album out which I hope to pick up when I’m in Germany soon...

Then OK Go – a great inventive pop band – who have one of the most watched videos on the site – an unmoving camera on a tripod catches their dance routine created using four exercise treadmills...

This led me to watch their other videos – equally as inventive...

A band whose music is in a similar vein is Fountains of Wayne and so they were my next target – then back to Germany and DAF and New German Wave starlets of 1980-82, Ideal whose singer joined her sister in a great pop band in the late 80’s Swimming With Sharks..

The sister is now in a new band, 2Raumwohnung (2 Room Flat) and I’ll be looking for their stuff in Deutschland too...

Then to e-bay and I ended up buying two CDs by Uriah Heep – which I really don’t need and which I know will probably not be very good...

Such was my day today...

Highlight of the Day : Discoveries on YouTube

No comments: