Thursday, December 07, 2006

Not fruit cat...

Playlist
Various – Super 70’s Rock
McLaughlin/De Lucia/Di Meola – The Guitar Trio
Return to Forever – Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy
Matching Mole – Matching Mole

A visit to FOPP today elicited nothing...other than some much needed exercise...

Tonight I was off to Stuart Cobley’s college photo studio for a “session” but I needed to call him and didn’t have his mobile number to hand....

So I called webmeister and fellow Creek stalwart, Craig Sutherland to obtain it...

During our conversation, Craig explained his new music making set up and I resolved to duplicate it – he has very kindly offered me the software – all I need to do is purchase a small midi-keyboard...

So Xmas now slides imperceptibly from turntable to keyboard...

At the studio, Stuart got me to put certain pieces of (my own) clothing on and take them off again – and positioned me with the Cloudland Blue guitar....

He’d also asked me to take some LPs along as props and so I took:-

Alice Cooper – Billion Dollar Babies
Yes – Close to the Edge
King Crimson – In the Court of the Crimson King (Stu had me impersonate the big pink face – pretty easy for me to do!)
Francoise Hardy – The Best of
Neu! – Neu! 75
Brian Eno- Before and After Science
David Bowie – Heroes

He made me lie on the ground in amongst them...

His lovely young blonde colleague Laura suggested I should disrobe completely and “cavort” with my guitar – but I had to draw the line at that...

I was home just before eight, just as Anne left for a visit to the cinema, with Michelle from yesterday’s Xmas lunch and her sister – they were off to see “Holiday” starring Jack Black...

I downloaded Matching Mole’s eponymous debut from this site (which has some excellent albums on offer) and had a bit of a jazzy night in with Meg the Black Cat, drinking Strawberry and Banana Smoothies - just me, not Meg that is, re the smoothie consumption - Meg doesn't like fruit - she is a cat...

Highlight of the Day : Being a model..

PS I have some photos I took during tonight's session but Blogger doesn't seem to want me to post any pictures ever again....

Sorry...

PPS Seven years later, here they are...








5 comments:

impossible songs said...

He's a model and he's looking good...

Thanks for the supportive comments on our blog - we know who the nutter is, a blast from the past you see, we're letting it go right now.

I missed the Gaels on Thursday - arrived late but they were name checked in the review, it was all a bit contrived but hey it's the Beeb. So folks were disappointed, god knows what they expected!

impossible songs said...

By the way, we hope you are both well.

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

I think they expected to be filmed by the BBC from the way the evening was described on the OOTB website. Full marks though for engineering of a big turn out...

Anne and I are both fine other than the usual seasonal under the weather sniffs and sneezes...

Puschkin said...

Thanks for the link...glad you like the blog...hope the Matching Mole was delicious?

Puschkin. x

Café Puschkin

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Matching Mole was indeed a good album - one I owned on vinyl in the 70's...