Wednesday, December 20, 2006

No sign of Aeneas...

Playlist
BT – This Binary Universe
Various – Jukebox Shuffleplay
Dido – Live at Brixton (DVD)
Jackie McLean – Capuchin Swing

Cold and Christmassy again today as I finished off (almost) my shopping for Anne’s presents by buying something for me, me, me...

And lo – it was the DVD and CD set of “Dido Live at the Brixton Academy” which I watched while Anne washed her hair...

I like Dido (who shares a birthday with the baby Jesus) very much – I believe her to be one of the best female songwriters around and indeed in a way, I aspire to her simplistic tunes and everyday lyrics...

Indeed, two of her songs are two of my all time favourite songs, “Here With Me” and “White Flag” – I’m afraid they don’t come much better than that...

Tonight, it’s the last in “Oz and James’s Great Wine Adventure” and they feature champagne....

I’m still off that particular tipple after the champagne frenzy back in August which left me rather incapacitated for a good while...

Despite this, I have four bottles of champagne or champagne like wines waiting to be consumed – a Veuve Clicquot, an Oudinot (which seems to be named after a French Duke), a Lindauer from New Zealand and a Henkel Trocken from Germany..

No doubt the majority will be consumed over the festive period...

“Torchwood” tonight and yet another surprisingly good episode...

Then to the PC to get things up to date whilst enjoying Jackie McLean’s “Capuchin Swing” which was recorded in 1960, after Monday’s “Jackie’s Bag” (1959) but released before it (1960 v 1961)...

Ah the vagaries of Blue Note Records....

I love it....

Highlight of the Day : Dido live in my living room...

1 comment:

impossible songs said...

Glad to hear the guitar playing, lager swilling arm is getting better. Dido eh? A guilty pleasure? Ok, we like her as well, nice to be inclusive in your tastes. Wonder if she'd run a song writing workshop for OOTB and who would show up? Oh, Merry Christmas once again.