Sunday, December 24, 2006

It’s a Wonderful Life...

Playlist
Various – The Milano Jukebox 2006
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Anthology 1977-2004 (Unreleased 2CD)

Up reasonably early and drove to Tesco for some very last minute presents for Anne and also in search of some medication re the worsening flu like symptoms..

Failing miserably on the presents and medication front, but buying some provisions (cos hey, the shops are going to be closed for around 12 hours soon), I headed to the local Spar and got the confectionery in question (Tesco having been sold out) and some cash for my nephews (Nephews always just want money - even when it's not Xmas) then in to Boots at the West End – but it was only 8:50 by this point and the shop wasn’t opening till 10:30...

So I drove to another branch near the Cathedral of Sainsbury and it was open. ...

I bought an extra large pack of Contac 400, lying to the assistant re her query as to whether I was on any other medication...

Back home and I made breakfast of croissants and coffee and then we settled down for a day in front of the goggle box...

We watched:-

2 x “The Worst Christmas of my Life”
3 x “Coronation St”
Girls Aloud live from Wembley Arena
The film “Bad Santa”
All the extras on the “Bad Santa” DVD

Then, a break to put all the presents at the tree and for Anne to make some of her “Best Pakoras in the World...Ever” which were joined by several other “nibbles” – no more proper meals till Xmas Dinner tomorrow at my mum’s..

Then, we continued with:-

Scotsport – including Hearts’ win v Dundee Utd
“It’s a Wonderful Life” – much wiping of eyes from me – no doubt due to my, ahem, cold symptoms...
All the extras on the “It’s a Wonderful Life” DVD
And, finally, “Grumpy Old Xmas” – which, despite not being having been flagged up as such, was a repeat from 2003 – still enjoyable though...

Then off to bed for what should have been a restless night’s sleep (for I am as excited as a young child every Xmas eve at bedtime), but which should, at least, have actually involved some sleep...

Highlight of the Day : The Best Pakoras in the World...Ever

No comments: