Monday, December 18, 2006

Bad sandwich day...

Playlist
Various – Jukebox Shuffleplay
Jackie McLean – Jackie’s Bag

The day starts well as I leave the house into a typically cold and crisp, frosty December morning – I have the jukebox on shuffleplay and the first track of the day is from Jackie McLean’s 1959 album, “Jackie’s Bag”....

From there though, it’s downhill almost all the way...

I start to feel kind of flu-ey around mid afternoon and by the time I make it back to the house I am feeling like death warmed up...

On the upside a card has been put through the door to say that an attempted delivery of two parcels has been made..

I’m waiting on the controller keyboard which will be at the heart of the new Crispycat Studio for 2007 and a USB Turntable to allow me to play my old records into the PC and burn to CD for posterity...

On top of that, webmeister Craig has e-mailed to say he has all the new software for the studio waiting for me out at Castle Sutherland...

So, at 7, I head first to the courier depot to pick up the packages – but there’s only one even though the card definitely said two – maybe just a mistake – I have the keyboard but it seems there’s a good chance the turntable has gone awol...

So then I drive out to Penicuik and, either I’m having a heart attack or a very severe case of heartburn...

I’m useless by the time I arrive at Craig’s but put a brave face on it. I have visions of me keeling over and he and his lovely wife, Amy, having to deal with my corpse cluttering up their flat...

As usual, it’s nothing and a couple of hours later, as I leave with a DVD full of studio type stuff, I’m feeling not too bad again...

But, back home, the PC won’t recognise the DVD so I can’t load any of the software...

I give up and watch “Have I Got News For You” featuring the irrepressible Boris Johnson which cheers me up no end and provides the other side of a sandwich day with a particularly poor filling...

To bed with Mr McLean on the headphones....

Tasty...

Highlight of the Day : The feeling I got as I stepped out into a cold crisp clear frosty December morning with Jackie McLean on the jukebox...

No comments: