Friday, December 22, 2006

Adding to the national debt...

Playlist
Janacek - Piano Sonatas
Various - Jukebox Shuffleplay

OK officially time to wind down now for the season and so my last Xmas Lunch...

Anne and I meet up with Rose and Ken at 1pm..

First to Browns for some drinks - jeez-oh almost £20 for just four drinks? Hey it's Xmas - chillout fatboy....

Then to La p'tite folie for a gorgeous meal including three (count 'em) bottles of wine (my having already partaken of two glorious pints of Erdinger Weissbier)...

For the first time ever I have steamed mussels (today in a light ham, garlic and parmesan marinade - if that's the term)...

For my main, a lovely rib eye steak - rare - with a few vegetables - delightful...

And, for pudding, a small slice of baked alaska - perfection...

Then to George St for more drinks (Can I just note here that I wanted to go home at this point?) and we end up in the Living Room where my credit card seems to take on a life of its own....

I was my usual (when pished) irritating self and the place seemed full of people I knew and so I was wandering around bumping into acquantances and calling them all "big man" etc...

Special mention to the table in the corner though, at which sat Lorna, Kathryn, Joanne, Perii, Ewen and another girl I didn't know, and at which we were occasionally joined by Mr Siegel...

Young chum Kris also turned up later on and, once Rose and Ken had left for their train home, Anne's chums Chris (big PSB, D Mode and Erasure fan) and Julie arrived. I guess Chris has a thing for Anne as he kept telling me how lucky I am - but I know that already...

Eventually, I got to the point where Anne had to get me home - I have no idea what time it was but would guess probably only around 9 or so...

As we were stotting down the road from the bus terminus, I noticed my voice had gone....

I remember eating some beans on toast and then being woken up by Anne saying it was time for bed....

Next thing I knew it was 2 am and I couldn't stop coughing and so had to get up - evidently I have yet another big cold - my nose was blocked , my throat hurt like hell etc etc...

I ended up sleeping (or trying to) on the settee in the living room (our living room - not the large over-charging pub back in George St)...

...and here I am now, up with the Larks at 6:20 updating the blog....

On balance, probably a good day...

Highlight of the Day : Getting home in one piece.....

1 comment:

DG@sharpblue.com said...

Pardon me for asking, but is there a chance that the Perii you mention is Perii Ross/Harris?

She's an old acquaintance who I unfortunately lost touch with when I moved from Dundee to America back in '98 :(