Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Strange thoughts...

Playlist
John McLaughlin - Industrial Zen
Mahavishnu Orchestra - Inner Mounting Flame
Mahavishnu Orchestra - Birds of Fire
Mahavishnu Orchestra - The Lost Trident Sessions
Mahavishnu Orchestra - Apocalypse
Mahavishnu Orchestra - Visions Of The Emerald Beyond
Mahavishnu Orchestra - Inner Worlds
Mozart - Complete Works

A day of raucous guitaring and jazz fusion at its best...

I'm thinking about buying a turntable for all my old records - I have a cupboard full of 7", 12" and albums from way back. A lot of my previous vast collection ended up as stock in my record shop but I kept quite a few...

Strange to think I only bought records from 1972 till 1986 or so and I've been buying CDs since 1985 - twice as long. Time whizzes past as you get older though and, in my mind, my record collecting era lasted a lot longer than my CD buying days have...

Popped round to in-laws Jane and Bobby's early evening to help Bob out on a couple of things on his computer. Strange to think there's someone who knows less than I do about them and to whom I am able to show my "tricks"...

Back home for some excellent pasta from Anne plus some nice rye bread and, later, a couple of chunks of the massive Cadbury's Dairy Milk I brought home for her yesterday to try and cheer her up re not being well...

Telly tonight was that strange chef again with the German name - this week trying to cook the perfect pizza - including roasting some tomatoes in an oven for FOUR HOURS - hardly fast food...

A wee bit of Chelsea v Sofia - the commentators' patronising tone is unbearable....

Then another tall tale from "CSI :Miami" and I finish off the day with this week's "Torchwood" (it's getting better as the weeks go on) followed by more Mozart...

Nice...

Highlight of the Day : Jazz fusion

PS I must apologise for the lack of pics recently but Blogger is playing up again on this front

3 comments:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

1985 Brian Eno : Thursday Afternoon (CD) UK : Polydor 827 494-2, EG Records EGCD 64
D : Polydor 827 494-2
US : Caroline 1518-2

The reason I bought a CD player was becasue Brian eno issued "Thursday Afternoon" in CD format only. It has one 61 minute track.

Yes, definitely 1985...

impossible songs said...

We're slowly getting into Torchwood, not sure what to make of it.

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

As The Beatles once sang "It's getting better all the time..."

In reality though, it's still a load of tosh...