Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Shake, rattle and roll...

Playlist
Various – Jukebox Shuffleplay
The Blue Nile – Tinseltown in the Rain (Best of CD-R)
Mozart – Complete Works (La Finta Giardiniera)
King Crimson - The 21st Century Guide to King Crimson

To physio this morning to discover that the operation did indeed go well but that the doctor I saw last week at the infirmary was talking nonsense about the normality of the pains in my lower arm..

Turns out I have particularly weak muscles in my back – the ones which control my shoulder blades – so much so that, if lying on my front and trying to raise my arms backwards just a few inches, both my entire arms shake like a great big shaky thing...

So, I now have exercises for those muscles to try and strengthen them...

I’m back for more in early January...

At lunchtime I meet up with old friends Helen and Gillian for lunch and they tell me many a funny tale of Gillian’s wedding in Sorrento back in September – including lock-ins in the only Irish Pub in the town which is owned by an obviously Italian couple who insist on saying things like “Begorrah” and “Bejabers” and on trying to talk with an Irish accent...

Meanwhile, IT Guru Martin has kindly transferred the studio programmes from one DVD to five CDs...

Back home though, whilst enjoying another Mozart Opera, I can’t seem to get the programmes to run properly and, after a brief consultation with Webmeister Craig, I resolve to put everything on hold until after his trip to the States for New Year and, instead, I will have a leisurely Xmas with Anne rather than spending every waking moment buggering about with music programmes on the PC...

On the upside (if it is indeed a downside not to bugger about with music programmes over Xmas) another card was popped through the door today and so I drove again to the courier depot tonight and, this time, collected the USB Turntable. However, I didn't open the box as it's a Xmas present to me from Anne - hopefully everything that should be in the box, is in the box....

Later on, we watch “CSI : Miami” and then “The Worst Christmas of My Life” – a follow on from “The Worst Week of My Life”. Absolutely hilarious – and the good thing is, there are another two episodes to enjoy later this week...

Tonight's bedtime listening is "The 21st Century Guide to King Crimson"...

Highlight of the Day : “The Worst Christmas of my Life”

No comments: