Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Answers on a postcard please...

Playlist
Billy Cobham - Rudiments:The Billy Cobham Anthology
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Hey Hollywood Nimrod
Various – Jukebox Shuffleplay

Off to the hospital this morning to see how things are going with the arm and, also, to enquire about the continuing pain in the leg, over a year on....

And so here are the answers:-

Yes, it is normal still to have so much pain in my arm after six weeks...

Yes, it is normal for the majority of this pain to be in my arm (upper and lower) rather than the target of the operation, my shoulder...

Yes, it is normal for there still to be so much pain over a year on from sustaining the break in my ankle – this is due to the fact that all the ligaments and soft tissue around the bone are still healing...

So that’s good to know...

I am being sent for physio on the arm commencing next week and will return to the hospital for another check up in late March – by which time it will be a year since I had my shoulder x-rayed and it was finally confirmed there was a problem...

In the evening, I left Anne at home for the first of three nights as I was wined and dined by a large corporation, in the company of three very agreeable chums, Kris, Gary (the man who would not sing karaoke) and the lovely Lorna who, in June 2005, hosted one of the most enjoyable barbecues I’ve had the pleasure of attending...

The food (an entire Indian Restaurant had been hired for the occasion) was good, the beer was flowing and Gary gave me a lift home – can’t say fairer than that...

Highlight of the Day : Free nosh....

No comments: