Sunday, December 03, 2006

Adult in charge...

Playlist
Barclay James Harvest – The Harvest Years
David Sylvian – The Good Son vs The Only Daughter
Françoise Hardy – Parentheses
Sarah Harmer – Sarah Harmer (CD-R)
Mozart – Complete Works (Symphonies)

For the first time in a few weeks we head to Patisserie Florentine for breakfast – Mmm lovely latte and a crispy bacon roll for me, with apple juice, while Anne opts for a plain white coffee accompanied by a croissant...

Then shopping for a new coat for Anne – though she ends up getting a different one from the one she was looking for – which one of the other girls on Friday night had been wearing...

Then to the car wash, one of those ones where they wash the car without ever actually touching it. Just as we leave it starts to pour – and the weather had been lovely earlier on too...

On to Tesco for the “big shopping” which, this week, includes 12, count ‘em, 12 bottles of wine – half the bill is for wine – and that’s with 25% off too....

And I don’t even drink that much wine – I like the labels though...

Back home and, for lunch, while Anne listens on the radio to Falkirk thrashing Rangers 1-0, I indulge in a couple of small slices of buttered rye bread - tasty

Later on, we make our way to Anne’s mum’s for tea. It’s now very windy and rainy indeed – real December weather – which I’ve not experienced for two years since, this time last year I was confined to quarters – or was I – a quick check of the blog as at last December confirms I made the same trip this day last year – so I’m talking nonsense...

A game of football in the hall with nephew Ollie and niece Kitty illicits some laughs from the kids as one of my shots flies over Ollies head into Anne’s mum’s bedroom and smashes into all the family pictures she has on her dressing table...

One (ironically of Keith and Sharon who separated 15 years ago) hits the floor and the glass smashes – oh how we laughed – until I told everyone it was Kitty who’d done it and she burst into tears – then I said it was Ollie and he did the same...

Ah, what fun I have with children..

In no time we were back in the hallway playing again – “no high ones Uncle David” Ollie says – a shout from the other room when the ball makes a big noise brings the retort from yours truly “It’s ok, there’s an adult in charge”....

At home "Match of the Day 2" and some Mozart to end the day...

Highlight of the Day : Hall football...

No comments: