Sunday, December 17, 2006

Don't feel like dancing...

Playlist
BT – This Binary Universe
Scissor Sisters – Ta-Dah!
Sasha – Involver
Anthony and the Johnsons – I Am A Bird Now
Mozart – Complete Works ((Mitredate, Re Di Ponto)
Ice Cube – Death Certificate
Faithless – Forever Faithless
La Dusseldorf - La Dusseldorf
Bryan Ferry/Roxy Music - 21 Singles

A quiet day today – up again around 7:30 and watched two episodes of “Robin Hood” on tape, then drove again to Patisserie Florentine, repeating yesterday’s croissant shop...

After breakfast, I spent most of the day backing up and then deleting from the hard drive, over 1,000 tracks used I the recordings I’ve done over the last eighteen months or so....

I listened to the remainder of the discs from Craig's shoebox and can advise that Faithless and Ice Cube are following Lupe Fiasco to a similar fate...

Anne seems to like track one on the Scissor Sisters album though, judging by the number of times I heard it being played downstairs at full volume...

Broke for lunch (the remains of yesterday’s bread) and, whilst listening to a Mozart opera, wrapped up all Anne’s presents – though I still have a few things to get...

Downloaded another great blast from the past, the eponymous debut from LA Dusseldorf...

I spent some time mastering a CD of 21 singles by Bryan Ferry & Roxy Music in reverse chronological order which for some reason, the PC wouldn’t write to a CD...

Abandoned this (I saved it for later that is) and we headed to Anne’s mum’s for the family tea. I played football again in the hall (no mishaps this week) with nephew Ollie and niece Kitty. Kitty was chatting away to me, something she’s not done much before – she’s only two but she’s a lovely wee girl and Ollie’s bright as a button too...

Back home, I managed at last to get the Ferry disc done and finished off the day with “Match of the Day 2”....

Highlight of the Day : Getting all Christmassy...

No comments: