Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Setting standards...

Playlist
Tracks from....
Return to Forever – Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy
Bozzio Levin Stevens – Situation Dangerous
Shadow Gallery – Room V
Porcupine Tree – Deadwing
Susumo Yokota – Grinning Cat
Rick Altizer – Blue Plate Special
Flower Kings – Paradox Hotel
OSI – Free
Phil Manzanera – 6pm
Halloween Alaska – Too Tal to Hide
Halloween Alaska – Halloween Alaska (rather aptly)
Tool – 10,000 Days
Conspiracy – The Unknown
Marillion – Marbles
Kino - Picture
Sigur Ros –Tak
Sparks – Hello Young Lovers
Brad Mehldau Trio – Progression
Albinoni – Complete Oboe Concertos
Mozart – Dissonance String Quartet
Various – Trojan Dub Rarities
Mott the Hoople _ All the Young Dudes
Various – Super 70’s Rock

I’m trying to maintain a standard re new CD purchases by saying to myself, if I buy it, it must be good enough to make it into my 100 favourites...

This is working...

Last night I bought the latest 3CD Live Set by Dream Theater and await its arrival from e-bay...

Today I visited Virgin and FOPP without making a purchase...

In the evening, some lovely pasta from Anne was accompanied by a nice Chianti and “CSI : New York” on video...

I typed up the track lists for the three CDs I compiled for Julia (ex-mum of Meg the Black Cat) and e-mailed them to her....

I watched a bit of Barcelona v Chelsea – it’s depressing the number of cheating players there are at what’s supposed to be the very pinnacle of the game...

And it’s also depressing how biased the commentators are in favour of the team from the UK...

Then “CSI : Miami” “live” and back to the computer to end off the night....

Eddie Jobson is pleased that John Wetton has apologised to him...

Highlight of the Day : Anne’s lovely pasta....

No comments: