Sunday, October 01, 2006

Goldberg variations...

Playlist
Schumann - String Quartets Nos 1 & 3
Schubert String Quartet No 13
Alice Cooper - Best of 1965-72 (CD-R)
Various - Jukebox Shuffleplay
Glenn Gould - Images (Disc One - Plays Bach)

Feeling much better this morning as the drugs and the pain are under control...

Up early and raring to go...

Unfortunately, at 7:15 I sign into You Tube...

Man, it really sucks you in - everything you find makes you think of something else - before I know it, it's nearly 10 am and I've done nothing...

Since I can't drive, Anne goes for some provisions and we breakfast when she returns...

While she's out I phone my mum and arrange for her and sister Sheila to pop round. Around 11, Sheila and mum arrive along with Sheila's husband Andrew and their grandson Kerr - aaarrrggghhh!!! My grand-nephew. I am old....

But he is young (21 months)...



I am always nervous about children in the house - not in case they fall and hurt themselves or something - rather, in case they damage any of my stuff....

For example, they might very well pull these shelves down...



Today however, it goes no further than a few crumbs and some sticky finger marks...

In the afternoon, Anne is out at Hearts v Dundee Utd - 4-0 but both Rangers and Celtic manage lucky 1-0 wins, each scoring in the last few minutes - a good result for the Jam Tarts nonetheless...

I spend (waste) more time watching videos on You Tube, even finding a couple by Rheostatics...

In the evening, we light some candles in the living room and enjoy Anne's home made Tuna Pasta Bake with fresh parmesan topping....



After "Coronation St", while Anne now trawls the web, I watch the first hour of an excellent new film about pianist Glenn Gould on BBC4 (Dr Prog calls to ensure I'm not missing it)...

One of his most famous recordings is his 1955 rendition of Bach's "Goldberg Variations" - I once worked in a department store in Edinburgh called Goldbergs...

I have 21 CDs of recordings of Glenn Gould - he is my favourite male pianist...



I'm recording it too to watch again later as am missing the last half hour due to a clash with Anne's "Jane Eyre", which I forego...

"Match of the Day 2" follows and then two more episodes of US sit com "Arrested Development" and once again the weekend draws to a close....

Highlight of the Day : Glenn Gould

No comments: