Monday, October 16, 2006

CCTV required...

Playlist
Wayne Shorter – Adam’s Apple
Various – Recent Singles Playlist
The Brad Mehldau Trio - Progression : The Art of the Trio Vol 5
Various – Atlantic Waves 2006 : The Wire 2CD Sampler

Up early today and fired up the computer and the jukebox with the intention of creating a new playlist entitled “Recent Singles”…

This was inspired by my having updated for the last year or so, my matrix of single releases which I have in my collection…

So that made some nice listening for the start of the day…

Later on, I almost bought a re-mastered-with-15-extra-tracks copy of Talking Heads’ live album “This is Talking Heads” for a fiver in FOPP along with a Nonesuch records sampler – but didn’t…

However, my attempts not to gain any more CDs today were in vain as, behind the door at home, were a new double disc live set from The Brad Mehldau Trio, “Progression : The Art of the Trio Vol 5” and the latest edition of The Wire, which included a two disc set of Contemporary Portuguese Music which will be featured in next months “Atlantic Waves” festival in London…

So, the early part of the evening was spent in the company of Mr Mehldau and his cohorts with some absolutely top notch playing. They must have made a conscious decision to keep the entire show for the CD release as, halfway through one particularly quiet track, I could distinctly hear someone’s mobile phone ringing in the background…

Later on, as I spent some time at the computer, I listened to disc one of the Portuguese set, which is choc full of interesting stuff from people I’ve never heard of before…

Mid-evening, Anne heard a crash from the kitchen and went through to find that Meg the Black Cat had managed to smash one quite squat and sturdy glass which had been sitting on the worktop amongst some other mainly squat and sturdy glasses….

We have no idea what happened (really must get round to getting CCTV installed around the house) but Meg the Black Cat was, thankfully, unscathed…

The latter part of the evening was spent in front of the goggle box as I watch the second of tonight’s two episodes of “Coronation Street”, followed by “Spooks” which was the first of a two parter….

Luckily, I was able to convince Anne to record the football (my argument being that she’d already watched the whole of the only game she wanted to see) and we switched to BBC3 to watch the second part of “Spooks” immediately…

Another great story – “Spooks” is one of those shows I could watch 24 hours a day…

Ended the evening with the second half of Hibs v Hearts and listened to disc 2 of the Portuguese stuff, which started off with a track which seemed to be the sound of someone hitting a chain link fence???

Great stuff…

Highlight of the Day : Spooks (again)

1 comment:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

I am not as lazy as you Mr C!!