Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Scraping the barrel for highlights...

Playlist
Various – Recent Singles (Jukebox Playlist)
Allan Holdsworth – Road Games
Paul McCartney & Wings - Red Rose Speedway
Madonna – Confessions on a Dancefloor
Brad Mehldau Trio – Progression : Art of the Trio Vol 5

Allan Holdsworth is the ultimate “guitarist’s guitarist” – virtually unknown to the masses in a world where Beck, Van Halen, Satriani or Vai are hailed – while he is hailed in turn by those guitar platyers...

Anyway, enough of that hyperbole – today from e-bay came a 25 minute disc recorded back in 1983 and re-released a couple of years ago...

Tasty stuff...

More Wings today and a little bit of Madonna...

Other than that – I compiled a list of my “best” albums of 2006 so far (not LPs released in 2006 but acquired in 2006) for a new Jukebox playlist...

So far this year I have increased my collection by 228, of which, 117 made the cut – which is not bad going –but would suggest I could throw away half my CD collection and be no worse off from a “music I actually like” point of view...

Went mad on e-bay and bought two Weather Report albums, a Return to Forever album and one by Sarah McLachlan...

Sole viewing of the evening was “Coronation Street”...

Highlight of the Day : Compiling a list of CDs (that’s a wee bit pathetic...)

No comments: