Saturday, October 28, 2006

Not winless...

Playlist
Various – My latest top 40 recent releases (Jukebox Shuffleplay)

A Saturday and I did not venture outside once today...

I got up late (for me anyway) and sat watching the telly with the sound down, having made breakfast...

It was a cookery show and was quite entertaining. I like watching the TV without sound as it allows you still to chat about stuff – which is what Anne and I did...

In the afternoon, Anne went to watch Hearts v Dunfermline while I spent some time on the computer....

I recompiled my top CDs of the moment and saved new playlists to the Jukebox...

I also visited the website of Mr John Wetton, one of my all time favourite musicians and a bass-player and song-writer of some considerable note. Over the years, he’s featured in Mogul Thrash, Family, King Crimson, Roxy Music, Uriah Heep, UK and Asia...

UK’s debut album is one of my favourite albums of all time. John’s cohorts in the original line up were drummer Bill Bruford (from Yes and King Crimson), keyboard and violin wizard, Eddie Jobson (from Curved Air and Roxy Music) and, quite possibly the greatest guitarist in the world, Allan Holdsworth (from Tony Williams’ Lifetime and Soft Machine)...

What a band...

I made a few comments on the site after registering and was surprised to find that JW was online himself and answered one of my points...

Extraordinary...

In the footie, Hearts could only draw 1-1 with owly Dunfermline while Queen of the South actually won, 2-0 against Livingston – their first win of the season, and their first league goals of the season scored at home...

In the evening watched “Robin Hood” and “Match of the Day” then, as I’d risen late, I stayed up late – mostly on YouTube watching, amongst others, Sarah McLachlan, Laura Pausini, Pet Shop Boys, Girls Aloud, Marillion, Sparks, Porcupine Tree, U2/Green Day, The Skids, The Revillos, Udo Lindenberg, Michael Rother, and the first line-up of Kraftwerk (Schneider/Rother/Klinger)...

Superb stuff...

I thought I was going to bed at 3am. But the computer had automatically put its clock back and so I tumbled into bed at 4am with the Jukebox on shuffleplay as it had been all day...

Highlight of the Day : Interacting with a musical hero

No comments: