Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Junk...

Playlist
Various – My Own Current Top 50 Albums (Jukebox Shuffleplay)
Paul McCartney - McCartney
Paul McCartney - Ram
Return to Forever - Light as a Feather
Sarah McLachlan - Afterglow

Having lost out recently on e-bay whilst bidding for more CDs from Paul McCartney’s back catalogue, I popped into HMV and picked up his debut solo album for a fiver and then next door to Virgin where I secured a copy of the follow up, “Ram” for £4.99…

Back home, the last of the currently expected parcels arrived (I’m sure Anne is becoming exasperated that a new package seems to arrive every day) - today it’s Return to Forever’s “Light as a Feather”…

In the evening, Anne was struck down by a particularly bad headache and ended up retiring around 10pm straight after “CSI : Miami”...

For my sins I ended the day by sitting up until 1:40 reading stuff on the net and listening to the new CDs...

“Light as a Feather” is excellent, though I could have done without the vocals. Whilst in this case they are not too distracting, I’ve said it before and no doubt will say so again – there is NO place in jazz for vocals...

As for McCartney’s eponymous debut from 1970, I’ve read a few reviews and can’t believe this sold in the hundreds of thousands upon release – unless of course the purchasers bought it without having heard any of it – it really is pretty terrible amateurish rubbish – apart perhaps from “Maybe I’m Amazed” but there’s a far better version of that on “Wings Over America”...

By comparison, “Ram” is light years ahead - but, do you know, I think "McCartney" may well grow on me if I give it a chance....

Now I’m looking for “Wildlife” and I’ll have everything from 1970-75...

Whilst loading the new discs into the Jukebox, I ran out of space on the 60GB hard drive and so had to delete some stuff to make room...

I’d reached a new record of 13,161 tracks.....

Highlight of the Day : Staying up into the middle of the night

No comments: