Friday, October 13, 2006

Mostly comedy...

Playlist
Preisner – Three Colours Blue OST
Various - Jukebox Shuffleplay 10 Min+ Tracks
Muse – Black Holes and Revelations
Helene Grimaud – Chopin/Rachmaninov Piano Sonatas etc
Brad Mehldau Trio – House on Hill

This morning I listened to the first of the three “Three Colours” soundtracks – a little disappointing somehow but I will persevere...

Then the jukebox on the Playlist I created to listen to at the gym a few months ago – featuring all tracks of around 10-11 minutes in length...

An unplanned and late invite appeared around 11am today for a “Sportsman’s Lunch” at the Roxburgh Hotel featuring guest speakers Frank McAvennie and John Gahagan (both ex footballers) in the company of Mr John Yuille, the man who ordered 80 copies of my last album, “Deeperdown”, for a charity golf match earlier this year...

What a tasteful chap...

Very entertaining indeed, especially Mr Gahagen, who was almost literally a laugh-a-minute...

On the way home I stopped in at HMV and bought another Helen Grimaud CD in their sale. I also had four other CDs in my hand but, after carrying them round the shop for a while, I put them back...

Back home there was a parcel behind the door. The long lost Russian CDs have finally arrived. The new Muse album and the latest from Brad Mehldau. What an unexpected delight and I immediately e-mailed the sender and cancelled my complaint with Paypal against him – it’s almost two months since I made the order and these came completely out of the blue...

The Muse album hit the deck first and, on first listening, it’s really quite a bit simplistic for what’s being touted in some quarters as “new prog” – but good nonetheless...

An Indian tonight for the first time in around three weeks I think, which must be a bit of a record for us, and we watched “Coronation St” while enjoying the delights of “Eastern Spices”...

A half hour break during which I watched clips of Mahavisshnu Orchestra, Return to Forever and Weather Report on YouTube and then The Simpsons – another great episode – the one where Homer gets his jaw wired up...

A quick blast of some Chopin from Ms Grimaud and then “Have I Got News For You” and “Not Going Out” – both very funny...

Upstairs to the computer to listen to Brad Mehldau – probably my favourite of the three discs added to the collection today – based purely on a first listen of course...

Highlight of the Day : Unexpected arrivals from the East...

No comments: