Friday, October 06, 2006

Grinning cat...

Playlist
UK – The Best of UK (CD-R)
Bruford – One of a Kind
Kronos Quartet – Nuevo
Susumu Yokota – Grinning Cat

OK today I had good intentions...

They came to nothing...

Anne was out tonight and I could’ve done some worthwhile stuff...

Instead I watched a bit of TV - “The Money Programme” re the ever-increasing dependence in the UK on convenience foods....

I prefer it when there’s some cooking being done but of course there is always the lure of the 2 minutes in the microwave scenario...

Recent culinary highlights at Crispycat Towers have been Anne’s Spaghetti Bolognese earlier this week and the home made lasagne she prepared for her mum’s visit a couple of weeks back (and which she cooked again for the two of us a few days later). Mmm mmmm....

I was going to watch a couple of programmes on Jake Thakery on BBC4 but missed them...

Had a telephone conversation with Dr Prog re arrangements for tomorrow...

I also listened to two new CDs purchased today at FOPP....

The Kronos Quartet’s “Nuevo” which mashes up some fine string playing with some Latin American goings on, to fine effect...



...and Susumu Yokota’s “Grinning Cat” (above) which, despite what the sticker on the sleeve says, is definitely NOT ambient. It is however, very good indeed and is reminiscent of Four Tet....

Now I’m off to continue compiling my top 1,000 CDs and later, I will venture forth in the car in order to ferry Anne home to safety after her night out on the town, only able to drive due to my use of drowsiness inducing painkillers...

Wish me luck...

Highlight of the Day : Susumu Yokota’s “Grinning Cat”

No comments: