Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Gentle giant...

Playlist
Mahavishnu Orchestra – The Lost Trident Tapes
Rick Altizer – Blue Plate Special
Office of Strategic Influence – Free
Eels – Blinking Lights and Other Revelations
Fountains of Wayne – Out of State Plates
Television – Marquee Moon
Brad Mehldau – Anything Goes
Ramones – Mania
Halloween Alaska – Too Tall to Hide
Billy Cobham – Many Years BC
Art Blakey – Art Blakey’s Jazz Messengers with Thelonius Monk
Miles Davis – The Best of Seven Steps

Another fairly uneventful day...

The pain in my arm now seems to be under control though I was given a sharp reminder tonight that it’s anything but healed and that the drugs merely mask the problem...

Whilst putting on my jacket, I was distracted by something and forgot to use what must be the rather amusing to watch method I’ve developed over the last year or so to carry out this normal exercise...

Instead, I stuck my left arm up in the air to get it into the sleeve...

The pain sent a shock through my body and I almost collapsed onto the floor – it took a good five minutes to regain my composure....

Luckily there was no-one else around to witness this rather embarrassing event (yes, that’s why I’m now publishing a description of it here!!)

Back home, nothing on the telly all night apart from a four way clash at 9pm – we end up watching “CSI : Miami”...

Oh dear – spent some more time tonight watching rubbish on Youtube but not just rubbish – I came across some footage of the MIGHTY Gentle Giant, live in the USA in 1974...

I saw them once at the Usher Hall in Edinburgh in May 1976 - the picture below is them a few days later in Paris...

What a great band...



Highlight of the Day : Gentle Giant

1 comment:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Youtube is a bit like a dictionary - you look one thing up and it reminds you of another and so on.

Thanks for the warning re the possible hangers on to these vids.

And also for your kind thoughts re the shoulder.