Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Contentious...

Playlist
Various – Total Jukebox Shuffleplay
Paul McCartney - McCartney
Ornette Coleman – Tomorrow Is The Question
Various – Julia’s 1st CD

I’m afraid some may find this post rather contentious and possibly think less of me after reading it...

This evening, after a delightful evening meal and a nice episode of “Coronation St”, I suddenly found myself watching “What Not to Wear” but without Trinny and Susannah, who have apparently moved to ITV...

Tonight’s episode was on what “the mother of the bride” ought not to wear...

As they say on almost all TV programmes at one point or another these days –

"Oh"

"My"

"God"

Having always been of the opinion that too many people who are on TV are only on TV because they are attractive (men or women), I suddenly realised whlst watching this programme, how good it actually is to have attractive people on TV for most of the time....

Here was a bunch of some of the most deeply physically unattractive ladies I’ve seen collected together in one space....

No offence, but, as their ages were reeled off, I found myself thinking, “she's younger than me yet she looks old enough to be my mother”...

Not content with being quite horrible to look at, they also seemed to be rather stupid....

One was spending £23,000 – yes that’s TWENTY THREE THOUSAND POUNDS – on her daughter’s wedding...

I had to retire upstairs, where, after reading an excellent piece at "The Bad Plus - Do The Math" on Ornette Coleman, I consoled myself with some spiffing Free Jazz from his 1959 album “Tomorrow is the Question”....

Nice...

Later I gave the first compilation CD for ex-mum of Meg the Black Cat, Julia, a spin and noted down the track-list, in preparation for presenting it to her “in the very near future” – she keeps telling me how excited she is about what’s going to be on it...

Hmm...if only she knew...

Highlight of the Day : Ornette Coleman....

1 comment:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Thanks for that Lodgerlow - a good insight and probably right on the button re what I was meaning.

We're so used to attractiveness on TV that sudden, everyday ugliness jars...

And there was me expecting a panning too...

Just goes to show...