Thursday, August 24, 2006

WPOD...

Playlist
Gordian Knot - Gordian Knot
The Tubes - Goin' Down The Tubes (2CD)
The Bad Plus - Suspicious Activity
The Tubes - Wild West Show Live in London

Today at lunchtime I bought a DVD of The Tubes Live in London in December 2004, the show which Anne, Alan Brodie and I witnessed on the tiny stage at King Tut's Wah Wah Hut in Glasgow on the same tour...

I was going to buy Thom Yorke of Radiohead's solo album too but chum Gary had passed me a DVD with "The Top 60 Albums of July '06" on it and I thought it might be on there...

In the event, when I tried to access the DVD, the PC wouldn't recognise it. Very frustrating. Webmeister Craig says the PCs goosed again...

Goddammit!!!

Anyway it did recognise the Tubes DVD and I watched part of it tonight including a very informative interview with lead singer Fee Waybill - very good indeed and no doubt Anne, sister Pam and I will watch it when Pam visits from London next week...

I'm just thinking that most people will no longer remember The Tubes or even have heard of them in the first place...

Their loss...

Suffice to say they once headlined at Knebworth above Peter Gabriel and Frank Zappa....

I was there...

Highlight of the Day : Reliving all my Tubes experiences...

No comments: