Tuesday, August 22, 2006

New, improved....

Playlist
Allan Holdsworth – The Sixteen Men of Tain
Haydn – Symphony No 93
Robert Fripp – Love Cannot Bear
Radiohead – Hail to the Thief
Grand Funk Railroad – Thirty Years of Funk
Norman Lamont – Waveforms (Live Performance)
The Frost – Thru The Eyes of Love
Dvorak – String Quartet in D Major

Picked up the new car this evening – a new, bigger engined, fuel injection, diesel, sport, version of the old car and Cloudland Blue instead of Dark Black...

At lunchtime I’d visited HMV to possibly purchase a CD to christen the stereo but to no avail. As I drove home from the garage we listened to the radio – Radio 4...

Back home, an excellent evening meal of pork medallions in a mustard sauce...

I ran through the set for tomorrow night after washing some dishes...

Then Anne got her first chance to drive the car as she gave me a lift in to Princes Street for a Waveforms performance by Norman Lamont in the large church at the west end of Princes St...

A superb performance from Norman, well structured and also quite varied. I sat in the front row and let the sounds wash over me. Very relaxing indeed....

I enjoy this type of music much more than singer-songwritery and I feel inspired to get my Loop Station out again and follow up last August’s CBQ soundscape recordings issued as “Through the Day”....

I caught a bus home and Anne had texted me, firstly to say Queen of the South were playing extra time at home to Kilmarnock, and then to say Killie had won 2-1 – damn it!!!

Then a further text to say Queen’s Park (3rd Division – 4th really) had beaten Aberdeen (SPL – 1st really) on penalties!!

Anne loves football and so won’t be at the gig tomorrow as Hearts Vs AEK Athens is being beamed live from Greece...

Back home again and we watched the episode of “CSI : Miami” from earlier in the evening, before I updated the diary whilst enjoying some tasty Dvorak which I’d seen earlier at HMV but have already....

Highlight of the Day : A new car...

2 comments:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

It may be a bit contentious to say so, but, since I have no kids and my "line" dies with me, there's no point in me being eco-friendly as I'm unlikely to reap the benefit and one day the sun will explode and kill everything on the planet anyway so, let's party like it's 1999 as Prince once said...

Enjoy the match!!

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

The new car IS actually more eco-frindly than the old one, despite being a 1.9 versus a 1.4 litre engine.

It gets around 10 miles more to the gallon and its emmissions are lower too, allowing us to pay lower road tax despite the higher power of the engine...

So everyone's a winner!!