Thursday, August 31, 2006

Accidentally on purpose...

Playlist
Simple Minds – Neapolis
Talk Talk – Laughing Stock
Christopher O’Riley - True Love Waits
Mott the Hoople – All The Young Dudes
Billion Dollar Babies – Battle Axe
Ultravox – Systems of Romance
The Alice Cooper Group – Best of 1971-73
Frank Sinatra – My Way
Glenn Gould – Bach Preludes and Partitas
Spirit – Twelve Dreams of Dr Sardonicus

My mum’s birthday today – so uptown to buy some presents – finally decided on three books– Joanna Harris’ “Gentlemen and Prayers”, Umberto Eco’s “The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana" and John le Carré’s “The Constant Gardener” and a CD, Frank Sinatra’s album “My Way” which my mum used to have in LP format back in the 70’s when she was younger than I am now....

In the evening, out to Loanhead with Anne to join my mum and sisters for a few drinks and some pizza, quiche etc specially prepared by sister Pam who’s visiting from London...

Here’s my immediate family, captured by Anne...



The drink was flowing though I wasn’t partaking and, as usual, Pam entertained us all, sometimes intentionally and sometimes not but always much to our delight...

Frank Sinatra went down a treat followed by a Bach disc I’d given to my dad a few years back...

Pam was tidying out a few things the other day and found some of my dad’s old home videos which she and my mum watched with much hilarity – especially the bit right at the end where he’d accidentally (on purpose?) taped himself naked in the mirror on board a cruise ship in the mid 90’s...

Some man...

Rather disturbingly, Pam reckons my Dad has possessed one of Sheila's two dogs...

And, on that note, Happy Birthday mum...

Highlight of the Day : Family get together

No comments: