Monday, August 21, 2006

Like father, like son...

Playlist
King Crimson - The Power to Believe
Robert Fripp - Love Cannot Bear
Various - Recent Tracks By People I Like (2CD-R)

Tomorrow we will pick up the new car and so, tonight, we took a drive in the Black Seat Ibiza which we've had for nearly three years and which caused us so many problems for around half of that time - but we still like it...

One of the reasons we took a drive was that it had half a tank of petrol left in it and, since we'd paid for the petrol, we might as well use it...

We drove round the Forth Coast to North Berwick via Granton, Leith, Portobello, Musselburgh, Prestonpans, Cockenzie, Aberlady and Gullane...

It was a lovely night and as we arrived in North Berwick the sun was going down...



We walked along the front and I took a couple of shots of the bass rock - this is the better of the two...



...I like a "big" sky...

Then we walked around the town looking for somewhere to have a drink or a coffee but found none of the bars to be that inviting...

We ended back at the harbour where, earlier, we'd watched the sun go down and I took a few more shots...





Over in the distance on the second of these two, will be the rock under which my dad's ashes were put just over three years ago...

I never realised he loved North Berwick so much until we were talking about him a few months ago with my mum. It seems when he was a teenager living in Glasgow, he visited once and fell in love with the place...

My family used to come here for day trips when I was a boy - and I love it here too...

We drove home the fast route and the Black Seat Ibiza sits in the garage now, with just a quarter tank of fuel....

Highlight of the Day : A late evening trip to North Berwick... Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Thanks Norman

See more at my Pictures of the Day Blog in the links...