Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Casing the place...

Playlist
Brian Eno – Thursday Afternoon
Neal Morse – One
Neal Morse - Testimony
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Acoustic Fringe Set
Miles Davis – The Best of the Miles Davis Quintet 1965-68

The bastarding cold continues. Thanks for the various suggestions I’ve received as far as remedies go...

After tonight there are just three days until I have to sing...

With yesterday’s multi exposure collages, I seem to have stumbled a cross a possible new direction for my artwork...

A couple of experiments with collections of existing photos and I’m beginning to get the hang of how many I need and the similarities there needs to be between them in order to create something cohesive like yesterday's “Sunday Morning” one....

I am honoured that Sid Smith, the man who runs the official King Crimson/Robert Fripp website, DGM Live, advises he’s now using this particular picture as his screen saver...

Here's every "sidey-widey" (as opposed to "uppey downey") photo from our weekend in Luing back in May...



Tonight I went along to the Haymarket Beanscene to have a look re my gig there on Saturday evening....

Mr Ian Sclater was also there, having had the same idea (he's also playing at this venue later in the month)...

Tonight's singer was Simon Pollitt, very polished and professional in his delivery and I was buoyed by the number of slow songs he played...

There is a small PA which is ideal for voice and acoustic guitar and, last night, a very small but enthusiastic audience...

I had to point out to the manager, however, that the wrong impression regarding my music might be being portrayed by the advertising hording outside the venue which bore the epithet “Cloudland Blues Quartet”...

After Simon's 30 minute set, as Ian set off to check out the Nicolson St Beanscene, I drove home and watched with Anne, the second half of Hearts’ game in Bosnia. One of the worst 0-0 draws I’ve ever seen. By the 73rd minute, the referee had awarded 50 fouls....

But who cares, Hearts are through and we’re off to Murrayfield on Wednesday to see them play AEK Athens...

After the game I went upstairs and ran through my set, filming it for posterity, complete with much coughing and spluttering re the continuing cold, cough and sore throat – a film most definitely not for public consumption but, possibly, similar to one of consumption...

Highlight of the Day : Possible New Artworks...

No comments: