Sunday, August 13, 2006

Mostly music day...

Playlist
Eels - Blinking Lights and other Revelations
Fountains of Wayne – Out of State Plates
Heutling Quartet : Mozart – String Quartet No 15 K421
Alban Berg Quartet : Bartok - String Quartet No 6 in D Major
Medici String Quartet : Beethoven - String Quartet in F Major Opus 135
Medici String Quartet : Beethoven - String Quartet in A Minor Opus 132
Dido - Life For Rent
Dido - No Angel

Didn’t wake till 9:30 and listened to the new Eels CD...

I was so impressed I bid for two more albums on e-bay (I already have three others)...

I’ve also just bought a Grand Funk box set and an album by Roxy Music guitarist Phil Manzanera...

Breakfast was the remains of yesterday’s lovely bread, toasted, plus coffee and fruit juice...

Listened to more Eels and also the great Fountains of Wayne...

Then, influenced by a flyer I received in the post for a November concert by the Takacs Quartet at the Queen’s Hall, I listened to a quartet each by Mozart, Bartok and Beethoven – the three which will be in the programme in November...

And so, while Anne worked really hard painting all the woodwork and the canopy around our front door, I typed pish on the internet and listened to classical music...

Then I ran through my set for Thursday...

Late afternoon, we went to Anne’s mum’s for tea...

Back home, I worked out the chords and wrote out the lyrics for two Dido songs, “White Flag” and “Here With Me”, two of my absolute favourite songs of the last five or six years...

And did some ironing...

Highlight of the Day : Just listening to music...

No comments: