Saturday, August 26, 2006

Remember the Coop (2)...

Playlist
Martin Tielli – We Didn’t Even Suspect That He Was the Poppy Salesman
Martin Tielli – Operation Infinite Joy
Impossible Songs – Border Crossing
Reid Anderson – Abolish Bad Architecture
The Alice Cooper Group – Best of 1971-1973 (2CD-R)
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Acoustic Erstazreal (15 Songs)

Up at 6:18 and spent the first three hours of the day listening to music and surfing the net, whilst enjoying a cup of coffee...

Then watched the 1973 Alice Cooper concert DVD I bought a couple of weeks back – selecting the “Concert Only“ option...

Spurred on by this I compiled a 2CD set of the best of the original group, mixing the tracks up from their five albums from 1971 to 1973 and cross-fading etc...



This is one of my favourite past-times...

A bit of a stramash in the kitchen pre breakfast (Coffee & Croissants) as the loose fitting for our new hose sprayed water everywhere....

All cleaned up now though...

Then while Anne surfed the net I mucked around on the acoustic and came up with four or five possible song sequences...

In the afternoon, Anne went to Tynecastle for Hearts v Inverness (a crushing 4-1 victory for the JTs) and I picked up the guitar and recorded my last song “The Angels Took Her Soul” to add to my work in progress for the next CBQ album, “Ersatzreal”...

Then I worked the sequences from earlier up into song structures and ended up with four new pieces. I wrote some lyrics in my usual fashion and, bob’s your uncle – four new songs....

I know this makes it sound easy, but it wasn’t really...

“He Thinks Of You (He Wonders Why)”
“Another Piece of Cake”
“No Concrete Idea”
“The Little Man (Unfortunate)”

...are the current titles...

In the evening, we watch two episodes of “CSI” from April and then, prior to “Match of the Day”, I let my Executive Producer hear the new songs...

Anne liked “He Thinks Of You (He Wonders Why)” and “No Concrete Idea” immediately but felt “Another Piece of Cake” is a bit ‘quirky’ for me and she doesn’t like the lyrics. As for “The Little Man (Unfortunate)”, she thinks this doesn’t go anywhere and there’s too much humming – I explain I’m going to fill those gaps. I also agree to a rewrite for the cake song...

Highlight of the Day : Four new songs...

No comments: