Sunday, July 02, 2006

What a surprise...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet – The Acoustic Deeperdown
Vladimir Horowitz – In The Hands of the Master (Disc 1)
Various Composers - Music for a Quiet Evening
James Jamieson - 13 Songs
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Nine New Songs
Shawn Colvin - Whole New You

Up and surfing - reading much commentary on England's World Cup demise...

It's only in the immediate aftermath of elimination that reality kicks in and then only for a very short period until the stupidity starts to build again for the next tournament...

Oh well...

After breakfast we watch last night's Dr Who...

First of a two parter and the Cybermen return coming from a parallel univers into our own (or the one in which the Doctor exists so probably one parallel to our own...



Started slowly and built up to an amazing climax...

The BBC have done brilliantly to keep the climax of this episode under wraps as far as I can tell, but they played the masterstroke of bringing the Daleks in for the cliffhanger...



Superb stuff and now I can't wait for next week's episode - even though it does look like Rose will be killed off...

After this Anne went uptown to shop for an "outfit" for a wedding we'll be attending in September, while I at last set to work on recording the bass lines for Jamie's songs...

It took from around 10:30 till 4:30 but, when we left for Anne's mum's for tea, I had the finished CD in my hands...

There was a massive thunderstorm this afternoon and Anne called me to go and collect her from the bus terminal to stop her from getting soaked. The sky was black...

In contrast, Lex and Moira (from yesterday's visit to Glasgow)'s daughter Lindsay e-mailed from France and advised it was 43 degrees Celsius there - that's just too hot...

Also received an e-mail to confirm the Lasswade gig is now on 14 July...

Jamie didn't call me re the CD till late on and I went round to his from Anne's mum's around 8pm to give him the disc. We agreed to meet on Wednesday for a live run through (so I'll need to rehearse before then as I still don't actually "know" the bass lines)...

Back home I ordered up another batch of blank discs re some recent orders as stocks are running low, and updated the diary...

Highlight of the Day : Dr Who - I love the Daleks!! Posted by Picasa

No comments: