Sunday, July 30, 2006

Funny face, fox, sore throat...

Playlist
Philip Glass – The Hours OST
Various – Out of the Bedroom IV
Ian Sclater – It’s Weird In Here
Various - The Greatest Hits of 1972
Cloudland Blue Quartet – The Best of CBQ 1996-2006
Albinoni Oboe Concertos
Sibelius Symphony No 5

Up at 5:00 today and went downstairs to the living room with Meg the Black Cat – we watched a small fox running around the gardens while I listened to Philip Glass’s soundtrack music for “The Hours” - a very good CD...

Then, finding myself at a loose end at around 6am I looked through some recent CD acquisitions and my gaze fell upon "Out of the Bedroom IV" – a copy of which the team very kindly gave me a few weeks ago. Sufficient time having past since the production of this lovely CD, for me to hear it objectively again, I decided to give it a spin. I regret to report there are glitches on my copy which I have checked are not on the master. I e-mailed the committee to make them aware...

I took the opportunity to listen to Ian Sclater’s CD too with fresh ears and it sounds good...

Another glorious morning....



And so, with Anne still asleep, I drove to Patisserie Florentin for croissants and also bought some milk...



... before returning home to find Anne still asleep...

I worked on a second CBQ compilation, from 1986 to 1995, until Anne finally surfaced around 11:30 and we had breakfast...

After breakfast Anne went off shopping while I continued to work on the compilation, stopping to have a quick run through the live set...

I finally finished off a version of the compilation just in time for us departing for Anne’s mum’s for the fortnightly family tea. As usual, Mary’s culinary skills were to the fore, and a good time was had by all. I took some nice pics of nephew Ollie and niece Kitty along the way...





Back home, I decided to amend the catchment for the compilation to 1990-1995 and so reworked the entire disc, going to bed shortly before midnight...

My throat is agony as the cold lingers on...

Highlight of the Day : Kitty’s Funny Faces and a fox in the garden Posted by Picasa

No comments: