Saturday, July 29, 2006

1972, what a good year...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet – The Best of CBQ 1996-2006
Various - The Greatest Hits of 1972
Klaus Schulze – The Essential Klaus Schulze
Klaus Schulze – Mirage

Having listened over the last couple of days to the newly proposed Best of CBQ, I spent some time early this morning making minor adjustments to the running order and the track changeovers...

Designed a sleeve and wrote up initial credits and printed a prototype...

We went to Patisserie Florentin for breakfast then down into Stockbridge for a look around....

In the Oxfam shop I bought a compilation, “The Greatest Hits of 1972, with hardly a duff track on it. 1972 was the year I discovered music. This is therefore a fine album...

Went on a bit of a spending spree later on, buying some nice new shirts, including a pink one(!) and a couple of pairs of kind of pointy shoes...

They fit perfectly and so I may return for duplicates to keep under the bed until the first lot wear out...

Back home, I ran through the set as best I could considering I’m still under the weather with this cold....

My colds always seem to last a lot longer than normal but that may be because, while I complain about having them, I don’t really change my routines to help get rid of them, continuing to get very little sleep and going out as normal...

Pizza for tea tonight, as we watched Scotland v Spain in the Under 19 European Championship Final. The Scots did pretty well, considering Spain had thrashed them 4-0 earlier in the tournament. 2-1 Spain at the end with the Spaniards nervously holding on for the final whistle – a surprisingly entertaining game...

Watched last night’s “Law & Order” on video, then designed a wee programme for the four upcoming Beanscene gigs, at each of which I will play the same ten song set...

Highlight of the Day : The Greatest Hits of 1972

No comments: