Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Battle of the old axis...

Playlist
Adrian Belew – Side Two
Reeves Gabrels – Rockonica
Yes – Magnification
Alice Peacock – Who I Am

The new Alice Peacock album arrived today – a signed copy which I ordered back in May. I first saw her around six or so years ago at the Renfrew Ferry in Glasgow where she impressed whilst supporting Lucy Kaplansky – Google them both for some good music....



Watched the first World Cup Semi-Final – Germany v Italy. An excellent game, amongst the best of the tournament so far even though after 118 and a half minutes it was nil-nil and heading for penalties...

Italy finally broke the deadlock with an excellent goal (having already hit both a post and the bar in the first half of extra time) and then burst through again to score their second with the last kick of the ball...

I felt for the Germans, whom I was supporting, but, overall, I think the Italians just deserved to win and no more. I hope they play as well as this in the final...

And Germany can still come third...

Highlight of the Day : Germany v Italy Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Look how inconsequential my days are. All around, people are dying. But, in a strange way, that's life I suppose...