Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The predictor...

Playlist
Various – Euphoria Chillout (Disc 1)
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Acoustic Fringe Set
Leonard Cohen – Songs of Leonard Cohen

Couldn’t sleep due to the cold I have at present and so I got up around 4:30, having gone to bed barely four hours earlier...

Listened to the twelve songs I’d chosen as a squad for the Fringe sets and finally finalised my set of ten...

Then I listened to that – slightly different from the set I practised last night – I can’t sing now for a few days due to my sore throat and breathing difficulties but hope to be well again for the gigs which start a week on Friday (5th August)...

It really was just too hot today here in Edinburgh...

In the evening we returned to Murrayfield for the first game in Hearts’ Champions’ League campaign. Of course it’s not a league quite yet as they first have to defeat two teams over two games of two legs...

Hearts were the better team throughout the game and had several chances in the first half but, at half time it was still 0-0. During the break, I predicted to Anne and her mum, a final 3-0 result for Hearts...

I felt if they got the first goal, which was surely coming, then they’d get more – and this is exactly how it turned out...

Of course if I'd had a bet that the result would be 3-0, Hearts would probably have lost...

And so, final score 3-0 to Hearts and they must surely progress now – though they still need to play the 2nd leg next Wednesday in Bosnia...

Highlight of the Day : Hearts 3-0 win over Siroki Brijeg of Bosnia

1 comment:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Last night and next week are the second round qualifiers, there's a third round too with the likes of Aresenal, Liverpool and some big name Spanish and Italian outfits included.

The likelihood of Hearts reaching the group stages is probably about a 15% - 20% chance - though I'd love them to do it of course...