Monday, July 17, 2006

Being boring...

Playlist
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
John Coltrane - Giant Steps
Miles Davis - Someday My Prince Will Come
Dexter Gordon - Go!
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Fringe Set List
New Order – Movement

Having decided on the Fringe Set List, this morning, I added each of these songs to the Jukebox so that I could listen to them when out and about on another SCORCHER of a day…

It’s like the Summer of ’76 all over again…

This evening I recorded acoustic versions of the twelve songs, recording the guitar first and then the vocal – this will be my listening over the next few weeks as I try to get to know the songs as well as possible…

Anne reckons I am obsessed and harks back to the good old days when I’d decided not to play live for a while – she wants those days to return as it seems I spend all my time either playing or listening to my songs…

I am boring…

And I am becoming increasingly bored with everything…

Lowlight of the Day : Being Boring - and I don’t mean the great Pet Shop Boys’ song…

1 comment:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

I do like the song "Alison" but don't recall mentioning it. My mum's name is Alison if that's any use...